Achieving through PRIDE (Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence).
TRIO-Student Support Service strives to provide a range of academic support, career guidance, transfer planning, and professional development opportunities to qualifying community college students who are first-generation in college, have a financial need, and/or disability and demonstrate strong academic potential.
Students who successfully complete the TRIO-Student Support Service program will be able to:
- Set clear academic and career goals.
- Devise practical plans for achieving these goals.
- Apply acquired skills and strategies for college and career success.
- Reach significant academic milestones.
- Serve effectively as stewards and community leaders.
- Maintain ongoing personal and professional development.
- Inspire other PRIDE Project students to succeed.
- By providing our program participants early on with guided, individualized assessment, evaluation, and planning, they will be able to set clear, attainable goals as college students and future professionals in their fields.
- Small group tutoring, mentoring, focused educational and cultural field trips and other academic support opportunities will equip our students with the necessary tools, behaviors, and perspectives to stay on the path toward college success and graduation.
- Club and community service activities will develop well rounded, socially aware individuals who are experienced in team building, community stewardship and leadership.
- By recognizing and celebrating the achievements of self and others, students will be encouraged toward continued growth and achievement, and inspire others that follow to do the same.