ART 30 - The Visual Arts
An introduction to the visual ideas and materials of art for non-majors.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 30, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic Visual Elements and Principles of Design and use that vocabulary appropriately
- Apply the basic Visual Elements and Principles of Design in class discussions and essays pertaining to the visual arts
- Use different media and recognize different media used in the work discussed in the course
- Recognize different period styles of Art and their relevance to Contemporary Art
- Demonstrate understanding of art in a global context and understand art from different cultural points of view
- View art in a historical background and have an understanding of art in a chronological format.
Other ART Courses | New Search