ART 101 - Introduction To The Visual Arts
- Prerequisite: ENG 100 with ENG 100S or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
Nature of visual art and its expression in various forms. Lectures, demonstrations.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 101, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the elements of art, principles of design, and the creative process.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with major historical and contemporary movements in art, and be able to understand how art reflects its time.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various art media.
- Appreciate the visual arts’ influences on the quality of life.
- Incorporate writing as a tool for analyzing art forms.
Other ART Courses | New Search