ART 111 - Introduction to Watercolor Painting
- Recommended Prep: ENG 100 with ENG 100S or ESL 23
ART 111 provides a foundation in the materials and techniques of Watercolor Painting through lectures, field trips, demonstrations and in-class paining sessions. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
6 hrs. lect./lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 111, the student will be able to:
- Select and use watercolor materials
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of watercolor painting materials, techniques and terminology
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of the physical properties of watercolor paints
- Develop a painting from observation using a viewfinder and thumbnail sketches
- Complete the creative problem-solving process from discovery and planning to implementation and evaluation.
Other ART Courses | New Search