ART 113 - Introduction To Drawing
- Prerequisite: ENG 100 with ENG 100S or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
Two-dimensional visualization and rendering of forms, spaces, and ideas through a variety of approaches and media.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 113, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a skillful use of a variety of drawing materials and techniques.
- Use the basic elements of the visual arts (line, value, shape, texture, modeling, pattern, composition) to arrive at an illusion of space, image and form.
- Develop an awareness of the interaction of seeing, imagining, and drawing.
- Demonstrate hand-eye coordination.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate a qualitative evaluation of one’s own and others’ work.
Other ART Courses | New Search