ART 115 - Introduction To 2d Design
- Recommended Prep: ENG 100 with ENG 100S or ESL 23
Basic design concepts, elements and principles of organization. Emphasizes problem-solving and technical skills with introduction to computer. May be graded on a CR/N basis.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 115, the student will be able to:
- Comprehend and apply to specific assignments the visual elements of line, shape, value, color, texture, space, time and motion, and the design principles of balance, rhythm, dominance, contrast, variation and unity.
- Complete the creative problem-solving process from the preliminary planning state and exploration through revisions to the final product.
- Learn to skillfully use traditional and contemporary design media.
- Demonstrate awareness of structure in design, and employ design theory in relation to practical applications.
- Appreciate and understand the role of design in the contemporary world.
Other ART Courses | New Search