ART 123 - Introduction To Painting
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: ENG 100 with ENG 100S OR ESL 23
Theory and practice of painting; basic material and technical procedures will be addressed.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 123, the student will be able to:
- Comprehend and apply to specific assignments the visual elements of line, shape, light and shadow, color, texture, space and motion, the design principles of balance, rhythm, dominance, contrast, variation and unity.
- Complete the creative problem-solving process from planning and discovery to implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of painting materials, procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the painting process from thumbnail sketches and canvas preparation to the completion of a painting.
Other ART Courses | New Search