ART 213 - Intermediate Drawing
Extension of ART 113; drawing concepts unique to this century.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 213, the student will be able to:
- Experience drawing as a way of "seeing" involving all the faculties of the mind: perception (observation, sensation), intellect (analysis, organization, synthesis), intuition and emotion.
- Demonstrate an increased familiarity with the language of art, the basic vocabulary of drawing: line, shape, value, color, form and space; to organize these elements and their relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate the dynamic nature of the picture plane with the representational aspects of drawing.
- Demonstrate an ability to focus on the "process" of drawing through the various developmental states of observation, analysis, construction, reorganization and transformation.
- Develop skills in drawing as a descriptive language for greater personal expression.
Other ART Courses | New Search