ART 223 - Intermediate Painting
Survey of late 19th and 20th century studio practice with emphasis on abstraction and nonrepresentational painting.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ART 223, the student will be able to:
- Acquire a working knowledge of recent developments in the pictorial structure of painting. Develop language skills in critical evaluation of paintings.
- Understand the dynamic organization of pattern, two and three dimensional space and rhythmic demands of the flat picture plane.
- Perceive and paint shape, edges, color relationships and space with increased sensitivity and personal confidence.
- Begin to develop original and personal concepts and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the painting technical process.
Other ART Courses | New Search