ESL 13 - College Reading/Writing Skills II
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ESL 3 OR Placement in ESL 13
- Co-requisite: ESL 14
This course will provide the student with advanced reading and writing skills necessary to succeed in subsequent English, Liberal Arts, and Technical/ Occupational courses. There are two components to this class: students will read authentic pieces of writing, written for native speakers of English, and will focus on vocabulary development and comprehension. Writing assignments based on the readings will also be done.
9 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ESL 13, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective use of intermediate-level vocabulary.
- Demonstrate comprehension of various types of intermediate-level written and visual materials.
- Demonstrate application of varied reading strategies to intermediate-level texts.
- Demonstrate use of a multi-step writing process that includes drafting, revising, and editing;
- Make revisions in response to written and oral feedback.
- Write compositions that have a main point and supporting ideas developed with logically organized details.
- Proofread to identify and correct errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Other ESL Courses | New Search