SD 85 - Career/Life Planning
- Prerequisite: Placement in ENG 100 with ENG 100T
A course utilizing a variety of processes to assist in the formulation and attainment of career goals. Students have the opportunity to evaluate their interests, skills, personality traits and values as a basis for occupational choice. Students are exposed to a variety of occupations and are made aware of labor market trends and projections. Effective job search skills, interview techniques, and resume writing are covered.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of SD 85, the student will be able to:
- Students will become aware of the career development process and the life-long series of choices and experiences which contribute to the process.
- Students will relate personal interests, skills, values, and personality traits to occupational opportunities and develop appreciation for the contribution of work to self-fulfillment.
- Students will engage in personal goal-setting and apply specific decision-making skills in evaluating and planning for their career futures.
- Students will develop a continuing awareness of the changing world-of-work, job-families, and occupational clusters.
Other SD Courses | New Search