SW 200 - The Field Of Social Work
- Recommended Prep: ENG 100 with ENG 100S or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
Orientation to the profession of social work; the nature and scope of social work, historical development, values and philosophy, methods of practice, and selected fields of practice.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of SW 200, the student will be able to:
- Describe the professional characteristics of social work.
- Explain social work values and their implications in the field.
- Identify principles and skills involved in social work.
- Analyze social problems affecting individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Recognize personal characteristics and their implications in the practice of social work.
Other SW Courses | New Search