Circulation Services (Borrowing)The Circulation Services Counter is located on the first floor of the library (Bldg. 7). Your UH ID card provides access to library materials and services. Present your card when requesting or borrowing library materials. Each user is responsible for the return of materials checked out with his or her card.
- LOAN PERIODS
- FINES AND FEES
- REQUESTING ARTICLES - IntraSystem Loan/Document Delivery
- ADDITIONAL CIRCULATION SERVICES
- Course Reserve Materials From Instructors
- Back Issues of Magazines and Newspapers
- Photocopiers and scanner: Two self-service copiers and one scanner are available to the public.
- B&W $0.10 per page ($0.10 per side for double-sided copies)
- Color $0.50 per page ($0.50 per side for double-sided copies)
- Photocopiers accept cash only -- nickels, dimes, quarters, and $1.00 bills.
- Scanner: HP Scanjet G3010 accommodates 8.5 in x 11 in size documents
- Media Equipment: TVs with DVD/VHS players for media viewing are located on the first floor of the library. Audio headsets and remote controls may be checked out from the Circulation Counter.
- Microform machines for viewing and printing microfilm / microfiche are available.
- Computers For Students
- CIRCULATION POLICY
|General Collection||28 days||5 renewals|
|Hawaii Pacific Collection||14 days||1 renewal|
|Ocean Collection||14 days||1 renewal|
|Media||7 days||1 renewal|
|Cable Course DVDs||1 day||No renewals|
|Books||$.25 per day, per item|
|Recalls||$.50 per day, per item|
|DVD & VHS||$1.00 per day, per item|
|Maximum Fine||$10.00 per item|
|Lost or Damaged||Cost of item replacement plus any overdue fines plus a $10.00 non-refundable processing fee (per item)|
|Computer Print Fee||$.10 per page|
IntraSystem Loan (ISL), also referred to as document delivery, is a service for students, faculty, and staff to request journal, magazine, or newspaper ARTICLES not available from our library collections.
For complete rules and regulations governing the circulation of library items, HCC Library follows the Libraries of the University of Hawaii System Circulation Policy. [PDF document: Get Adobe® Reader®]