Group Study Rooms
The primary purpose of group study rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative academic work and study. Faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business.
Library group study rooms are available for use by HCC/UH System students. The study rooms are for groups of at least two and no more than six students.
There are currently five group study rooms available in the library; each room has a table, 4 to 6 chairs, chalkboard, and WiFi access for your laptop and personal devices.
SIGNING UP FOR USE
- Go to the Circulation Services counter with your UH ID card to request a room.
- Students may use the room for a maximum period of 2 hours.
- Room reservations can be made two weeks in advance.
- Individual use of a group study room is not allowed.
- One person may not enter the room until the rest of the group arrives.
- A group may use the room for a maximum of 2 hours; an additional hour may be granted to extend the initial reservation if no other group is awaiting the room.
- Continuous reservations made by different members of the SAME group will not be permitted.
- If a reserved room has not been claimed after 10 minutes, another group may make use of it.
- Do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- Doors should remain unlocked at all times for safety.
- In addition to the policies listed herein, students must comply with the library's Rules of Conduct. Failure to comply will result in loss of privileges.
- Library staff reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
- Food & drinks: Only dry snacks and coverage beverages are allowed.
LEAVING A STUDY ROOM
- STUDY ROOMS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF, therefore all conversations should be kept low so as not to disturb other patrons or neighboring staff offices.
- Library study rooms cannot be used for social gatherings, playing games, tutoring for profit, non-academic projects, and regularly scheduled classes. Library staff may ask group study room users to leave if the space is being used for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Playing of music from instruments or other personal devices (smartphones, laptops, etc.) is prohibited.
- Please return to the Circulation Counter to advise library staff that your group is finished with the room.
- Push chairs in under table.
- Clean chalkboard with eraser if used.