Placing Holds on Available Items or Recalls on Checked Out Items
Library items can be held or recalled by submitting an online request.
- Use the Hawaii Voyager online catalog to locate the item you want.
- From the item record, click the "Get This Item" link from the top-right menu list.
- You will be prompted to login with your UH username/password.
Follow these general instructions:
Items requested will be held at the library location you specified.
- When you click on the “Get This Item” link, you are presented with a list of actions available for that item. The list you see depends on your home library and what their policies are.
- To have a book or other item sent to you from another UH Library, click “Hold or Transfer this item.” You will then have several options regarding which copy of the item you want, where you want it sent, the date after which you no long need the item, etc.
- Clicking “Recall This Checked Out Item” sends a request to have the patron return the item so it may be checked out to another patron. Note it is only a request and may not result in a quick return of the book.
- There are other options on this list that are for specific users or tasks. See the Circulation Desk for further assistance.
You will be notified at your UH email account when the item is available.
Holds and recalls may not be placed on some library materials as each library specifies which collections can be borrowed.