The library subscribes to research databases that provide content from magazines, journals, newspapers, e-books, streaming videos, images, and more. The electronic resources that the library manages are RESTRICTED to valid HCC students, faculty, and staff to comply with licensing agreements. Off-campus users will be prompted to login via the UH Web Login Service when attempting to connect to a database; this is considered "remote authentication." HCC students, faculty, and staff must login with their UH username and password. (A screenshot example of the login page is shown below.) Once you have been authenticated, you will have access to the library's e-resources.
The following restrictions may prevent you from gaining access to e-resources:
- you are NOT a HCC student, staff, or faculty member
- your UH ID card has expired
- you have $10.00 or more in unpaid library fines and fees
Problems? If you still encounter problems accessing the library's databases from off-campus, please contact a reference librarian during normal business library hours at 845-9199 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Cookies" must be activated in your browser settings for authentication to work properly.
- Use the most current browser version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Internet Explorer is no longer supported) Sometimes if you are having trouble with a database, using a different browser will solve the problem.
- You can also try to clear out your cache data history, close & reopen the browser, or restart your computer/laptop.
- Managing your UH Username & password change
When describing the issue, please provide as must detailed information as possible, such as:
- Your first and last name; student ID number if known
- Are you enrolled in a distance learning course? (military base, high school, etc.)
- Name of the library database
- Date and time you experienced the problem
- Describe or copy/paste any error message received