The Department of Health requires all college students to be free of:
- Tuberculosis (TB) and
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
All students must show proof of a negative TB test and proof of two (2) Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shots prior to registration. Details of other acceptable types of immunization records can be found below, under each detailed section for TB and MMR. Please keep originals of your immunization for your records. Submit photocopies only of negative TB skin test/chest x-ray report & two (2) MMR shots as soon as possible to the Admissions Office.
Health Clearance Form [PDF]
Tuberculosis (TB) Test
Items to submit BEFORE registration:
TB clearance card or report (record must have TB test date, TB read date, millimeter test reading, and/or negative x-ray report)
- New Students - Must have a negative TB skin test or chest x-ray within 1 year of the start of the semester.
- Transfer Students - Need both TB test and proof of attending other courses after high school/college, if TB test is over 1 year old.
- UH Manoa Students - Send a signed written memo requesting copy of TB & MMR health clearance documents to be sent to Honolulu CC via campus mail or for pick-up. Include your Banner ID#, name, and phone number to University Health Services at Manoa (Fax # 808-956-0853, Office # 808-956-8965). Allow a minimum of 1 week to process your request.
- International (F-1) Students - TB Clearance must be from a M.D. in the U.S. before registration is allowed. MMR immunization records from the student's home country are acceptable, the MMR immunization record must be in English.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Clearance
Proof of two (2) Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shots or a combination of one (1) Measles and one (1) MMR shot one month apart on or after 1/1/68 and/or after 1st birthday
Positive Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) IgG blood test report. This is if the student had shots, but no records are found and/or if the student had a disease. (Request a form for Kalihi-Palama Health Center from the Admissions Office or order tests through your M.D. and pay for labs at time of service for discount.)
If student is born before 1957, MMR immunization record is not required.