Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Monday through Friday)
Appointment Hours: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Open House/Drop-in Hours:
- Students: 1st Tuesdayof the month at noon
- Faculty: 1st Thursday of the month at noon
To offer a wide array of mental health and wellness services that support the academic, social- emotional growth and well-being of students and educate the campus community in the context of mental health & wellness and violence prevention. Services are free and confidential.
The Wellness Center Office provides confidential personal/crisis counseling and community referral services to registered students. Counseling services are strength based and solution focused to help students manage personal life issues and navigate their college experience. The office also provides outreach and educational services to the campus community in the context of mental health and violence prevention initiatives. Services include: classroom presentations, enrichment groups/activities, online mental health screenings and College SOS programming. Services are free and confidential. Scheduling of appointments is strongly encouraged. To schedule an appointment, please call 845-9180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling services include:
- Short-term counseling
- Crisis counseling
- Referrals to campus and community agencies
Outreach Services and Educational Programming is conducted individually, in small and large group formats and as resources permit.
Educational programming and resources include:
- Annual Health and Wellness Fair
- Consultation with faculty, staff and administrators
- Tabling Events: Intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, LGBTI issues
- Classroom Presentations
- Enrichment Support groups
- Personal Wellness Screenings: (Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Alcohol)
- Wellness Corners: (located at the Library, Cafeteria, Counseling, Business Office)
- Educational programming occurs when time and staffing resources permit.
The Wellness Center is staffed by a licensed clinical social worker and masters level social work counseling interns.
During Business/Office Hours: If an emergency arises and you need to speak with a counselor or if you are concerned about someone and would like to consult with a counselor, please call the Wellness Center at (808) 845-9180.
After Hours: If you require emergency services or need to talk with someone after 4:00pm or during the weekends and holidays you may choose to contact the State of Hawai'i 24-hour ACCESS Line (808) 832-3100 or (800) 753-6879. The ACCESS Line handles all types of mental health crisis questions 24 hours a day/7 days a week and can respond appropriately to questions of suicide, dangerousness, and crisis. You also call 9-1-1, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room for assistance.