- The use of remote services (email or phone call) are highly recommended.
- Applications for the Spring 2021 semester are being accepted online: https://apply.hawaii.edu.
- Submit documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions) or fax at (808 847-9872). Please notify us of documents being sent.
- Contact Admissions via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 845-9129 or virtually (Zoom; limited availability).
- If you need to meet with someone in person, please schedule an appointment via STAR Balance (View Instructions) and use the Diamond Head (Mall) entrance to access Building 6.
- Appointments are highly recommended, but in-person counseling is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Students can book an appointment with an Academic Counselor through STAR Balance.
- Contact Academic Counseling via email (email@example.com), phone (808) 845-9162 or virtually (Zoom).
- If you need to meet with someone in person, please schedule an appointment via STAR Balance (View Instructions).
The Bookstore encouraged the use of online purchases for all course material via their secure website. A special $5 flat rate shipping fee is being offered for all web orders within Hawaii during the month of August.
Business Office/Cashier's Windows
- Students are highly encouraged to pay bills via MyUH Services and payment information will be sent to your UH email address.
- Cashier Window Services available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM via the Diamond Head (Mall) entrance.
- Parking permits can be purchased online: https://portal.honolulu.hawaii.edu/
- Contact (808) 845-9102
Prospective students may select a meeting option by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, prospective students may view information on programs offered at https://www.honolulu.hawaii.edu/programs.
- The Career Services and HINET program will continue to provide a full range of services.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. To check-in for your appointment or for walk-ins, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- Employers may continue posting available on-campus and off-campus positions.
- Contact Career Services via email (email@example.com), phone (808) 845-9204 or virtually (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype)
- View Current Job Listings of employers with immediate hiring needs during this pandemic.
Childcare Center (Keiki Hau'oli Childcare Center)
Scheduled to reopen for Fall 2020. Visit https://www.honolulu.hawaii.edu/keiki for more information.
- The C.A.R.E. program will continue to provide a full range of services.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. To check-in for your appointment or for walk-ins, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- Contact C.A.R.E. via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 844-2353 or virtually (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype)
- HonCC students that do not have adequate computer access can email email@example.com to request to borrow a laptop.
- Computer Lab is located in Building 2 Room 405. Students will need to show a valid UH ID upon checking in. The lab is limited to 10 computers to be used strictly for schoolwork. Hours of operation are constantly changing so please visit https://www.honolulu.hawaii.edu/computerlab for the most up-to-date hours of operation.
- Need Internet Access?
- Wi-Fi access has been boosted in campus building and extended to Parking Lots 1C, 2 and 3.
- Students may still complete their FAFSA. The processing of financial aid applications and documents will continue to be processed.
- Submit documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions) or fax at (808) 356-0942.
- Financial Aid can be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 845-9116, virtually (Zoom), fax (808) 356-0942 and postal mail.
- Starting October 5th, Banquet Solutions Hawaiʻi in the Hale ʻAina cafeteria will be available for grab and go $5 meals Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM . Cash only and exact change preferred.
- The Hub will be available for limited take-out services when classes resume.
- Students may continue to apply for graduation. Please be sure your mailing information is correct when you submit your application.
- We will still process applications for graduation, grant degrees/certificates and students may participate in future ceremonies.
The Hawaiian Center will continue to provide a full range of services. Contact the Hawaiian Center via email (email@example.com), phone (808) 845-9176 or virtually (Zoom) to set up a remote appointment.
Contact the Health Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 845-9282 or virtually (Zoom) for questions. The office does not provide clinic services, diagnose or test for ailments, nor dispense any medication.
- Visit the Library homepage for current hours and online services.
- Contact the Library via online chat, email (email@example.com), and phone (808) 845-9199
- Schedule a virtual appointment with a librarian
- Conduct research 24/7 via our electronic/digital resources
Faculty and staff mailboxes will be accessible when the Business Office's Cashier Window Services are open.
Assistance with math is available remotely. Contact Glen Tengan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (808) 845-9403.
Parking permits can be purchased online.
Students may continue to access services by contacting Greg Kashigi via email at email@example.com.
- Records requests are still being processed.
- Submit documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions) or Fax at (808) 847-9872. Please notify us of documents being sent.
- Contact Records via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 845-9120 or to arrange for a virtual appointment.
Tutoring and peer mentoring for science courses is available remotely. Contact Katherine Bronston (email@example.com), (808) 847-9847 for assistance.
- Services are available for students with disabilities or need accommodations.
- Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. To check-in for your appointment or for walk-ins, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
- Student ID cards are available during walk-in hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM. You may also email email@example.com to set up an appointment for other days/times.
- A Student ID card will be required for purchasing a campus UPass, a reduced rate bus pass tailored to the need of Hawaiʻi college students. UPass are available for purchase at the Business Office.
- Student Life is still delivering virtual activities. Visit @HonCC_SLD on Instagram for details.
- Contact Student Life and Development via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 845-9498 or virtually (Zoom).
- Quiet space for students to study or take a break between classes
- Located in Hale ʻAina (Building 4, Cafeteria)
- Open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM -5:00 PM
- Honolulu Community College's Testing Center will continue to support HonCC students with modified services.
- The Honolulu Community College Testing Center will be available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY for individual students who have been granted an exception and who are registered in a Honolulu Community College Course.
- Testing appointments available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM and Friday from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM. To check-in for your testing appointment, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- All instructors need to submit their testing request 2 days prior to exam date to email@example.com. All test requests will be limited to a maximum time limit of 2 hours.
- HonCC Students are required to make an appointment 24 hours or more prior to their test time as space is limited. For student test appointments, students need to contact us at the HonCC Testing Center: (808) 845-9130 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Placement testing has been temporarily suspended until further notice. We encourage students to submit SAT, ACT, SBAC or HiSET scores or your high school transcripts. Please use the Self-Report Form to report these scores.
- For inquires, please contact Hanwell Kaakimaka or Varouny Sybounmy via email (email@example.com) or phone (808) 845-9130.
The tutoring center will provide the services listed below:
- Virtually drop in via tutor.com Meeting Spaces, through MyUH Services Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 1:45 - 4:30 PM
- Online tutoring appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Drop-in tutoring sessions are available via Zoom Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM. For walk-ins, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- Submit a writing draft for review via tutor.com. View video tutorial.
- Virtually by appointment via tutor.com Meeting Spaces, through MyUH Services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment.
Questions? Call (808) 845-9454.
- All non-essential travel, including neighbor island travel, has been suspended.
- If you are returning from out-of-state travel, you must abide by an self-quarantine requirements.
- Information for the Modified Quarantine Program for students.
- Questions, reports, and requests for meetings can be made to the Title IX Coordinator at email@example.com (preferred method) or (808) 845-9174 (voicemail). Virtual meetings are encouraged if possible.
- For confidential support, please contact the Wellness Center or the Confidential Advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or (808) 341-4952.
- TRIO-SSS eligible students can make arrangements to access a full range of services.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM - 4:30PM. To check-in for your appointment or for walk-ins, please use the intercom system located in Building 7, 3rd floor.
- Contact: email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (808) 844-2366, and virtually (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype)
- For VA benefits/certification, please contact Christopher Rallustian, School Certifying Official, (808) 847-9833 or Josephine Stenberg, Registrar (808) 845-9119.
- For counseling questions, please contact Scot Parry, VA Counselor, email@example.com or (808) 845-9172 or Ralph Gallogly, Counselor Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 844-2382.
- VITAL Coordinator Jonathan Mueller, Ph.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist, is also available for assistance registering for VA healthcare benefits, care coordination to VA resources and programs, stress management, mindfulness training, individual and couples therapy, psychological assessment and any assistance to ensure Veterans' academic success. Contact: (808) 940-4287 or schedule an appointment at: https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/mentalhealth/student-veteran/index.asp
We understand that this is a particularly stressful time. The Wellness Center provides crisis, short-term counseling, and community referral services to registered students. Services are free, voluntary, and confidential. To schedule an appointment, please call 845-9180, email email@example.com, or visit our website https://www.honolulu.hawaii.edu/wellnesscenter. There are also 24/7 community resources that are available to assist:
- State of Hawaiʻi's Crisis Line of Hawaii: (808) 832-3100 or (800) 753-6879 (from neighbor islands).
- Crisis TEXT Line: Text ALOHA to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Hotline: (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Domestic Violence Action Center: Oahu Helpline (808) 531-3771, Toll-Free Helpline: (800) 690-6200
- Call 211- Official Hawaii DOH source for information and many service referrals (they also anonymously collect what questions are being asked to inform government), 7a - 10 pm, 7 days a week
- Online Resources: UH Mānoa Online Learning Academy provides free, online tutoring in writing.
- Tutor.com provides free, online tutoring services for all UHCC students. Access via MyUH Services.
- Assistance with writing is available remotely. Contact Derek Otsuji (firstname.lastname@example.org) or April Ching (email@example.com) for assistance.