Honolulu Community College has developed this Cybersecurity Center to showcase the different cybersecurity related programs and resources available to students and faculty. Honolulu Community College has been recognized as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Two-Year (CAE2Y). This program, which is sponsored by the NSA and the DHS, recognizes collegiate institutions which have met their standards of excellence in Information Assurance education.
Academic Credit Programs
The core Information Assurance program at Honolulu CC is the Computing Security & Networking Technology (CSNT) Program. The CSNT program provides students with a wide background in Information and Communication Technology. Imbedded in this program is a Certificate of Achievement (CA) in Information Assurance (IA). The CA in IA is built on the knowledge unit requirements for a collegiate institution to be recognized as a CAE2Y. The program also features support for the following industry recognized certifications: A+, LINUX+, Security+, CCNA, Network +, MTA and CySat+. In addition, the CSNT program also offers a third year of study which articulates to the Bachelors of Applied Science in Information Security Assurance at the University of Hawaii at West Oahu.
Non Credit Programs
Non-credit continuing education course offerings at Honolulu CC are supported by the Pacific Center for Advanced Technology Training (PCATT). PCATT offers an extensive selection of Cybersecurity related courses for industry professionals looking to upgrade their skills or learn new skills. Cybersecurity related courses offered include, Security+, CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, MCSE and much more. PCATT also offers customized training to meet the needs of your organization.
- GenCyber Camps
- 2018: Team from UH West Oahu and Honolulu Community College capture national Cyber championship.
- 2016: For the Fourth Year in a Row a team from Honolulu Community College finishes in the top three of the At Large Regional of the Collegiate Cyber Defense competition.
- Top Three Placement in the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
- Team Menehune Places Second at Regional Competition
- Cyber Hui is an organization which supports High School CyberPatriot teams in Hawaii.
- HonCC Team Mauka finishes 7th in nation in the Gold Division of the Fall 2014 National Cyber League.
- HonCC student Eric Kotake finishes third in the nation out of 822 entrants and first in west, for the Fall 2014 National Cyber League.
Hands-On Learning Resources
The CSNT program provides students with an extensive amount of hands-on training. Most courses contain a laboratory portion (3 hours per week) where the student will gain experience configuring and managing real systems. (routers, switches, servers, firewalls, IDS Systems)
A CSNT datacenter has been developed which provides students with remote access to a virtual server environment. CSNT students will have the ability to connect remotely into the CSNT datacenter thru a VPN tunnel. Most CSNT classroom also have the ability for remote VPN access.