Employment Programs

Career Services provides students and alumni with opportunities to locate employment both on and off campus. Eligible students may access job referral information through the University of Hawaiʻi Student Employment and Cooperative Education (SECE) website.

Getting Started With SECE:

  • Log onto the SECE website using your UH Username and Password.
  • Fill out your SECE "student profile summary"
  • For detailed instructions go to the Information/Help section at the bottom of the main menu page and click on the "Obtaining Referrals" link.
  • After obtaining your job referrals, contact employers directly to apply for jobs
  • You are allowed to print out only 5 job referrals per 24 hours.
  • Click here to access the SECE website

On-Campus Employment

On-campus employment offers students the convenience and flexibility to work in a variety of part-time positions located on campus. All job referrals, hiring, and timesheet processing are handled through the SECE website


  • Currently enrolled at least ½ time (6 credits for undergraduates; 4 credits for graduate students) at any UH campus
  • Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA for undergraduates (3.0 for graduate students)
  • Eligible to work in the U.S.


  • Maximum 20 hours/week during Fall and Spring semesters, maximum 40 hours/week during summer and academic breaks
  • Summer employment allowed if student will be enrolled in the following Fall semester

Search for On-Campus Employment now

Off-Campus Employment

Current Honolulu CC students and alumni may access the SECE job database to locate job leads for both part-time and full-time positions off campus.

Search for Off-Campus Employment now

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study Program offers subsidized part-time employment opportunities for students who have received FWS as part of their financial aid package. Most positions are on campus, with a few positions at community service sites.


  • Must be offered an FWS award as part of financial aid package
  • Must meet UH student employment eligibility (minimum ½ time enrollment; minimum 2.0 GPA)


  • FWS positions at Honolulu Community College are only available to students who receive financial aid from Honolulu CC.
  • Students must apply for positions utilizing job referrals from the SECE website.

Search for FWS Jobs now