Automatic Admission is an initiative that allows UH System community college students to transition directly to a four-year university without having to pay the application fee.
Criteria for Automatic Admission
- 2.0 cumulative GPA or above for all post-secondary institutions for residents
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or above for all post-secondary institutions for non-residents
- Students who have not earned a bachelor's degree
- Students who are not already at a 4-year institution
- Students who are currently suspended or dismissed from the 4-year institution
- Students who are in their final semester of an Associate degree program (see below)
Eligible Degrees for Automatic Admission
Honolulu CC Majors:
Automatic Admission Deadlines
Automatic Admission offers are made once a semester excluding summer. Students are given a total of 3 opportunities for the Automatic Admission offer.
|Semester||Offers Sent via UH Email||Deadline to Accept Offer|
|For Spring Semester||September 1||October 1|
|For Fall Semester||February 1||March 1|
1. Check your UH Email for the offer of automatic admission.
2. Log into STAR to accept your offer by the deadline.
Email email@example.com and at Subject write "Auto Admission".
NOTE: International students & students applying to a program with an earlier deadline should apply through the standard process first, then accept the Automatic Admission offer.