Financial aid programs are regulated by federal, state, and institutional policies. Most financial aid guidelines specify the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have earned either a high school diploma, GED certificate, or equivalent
- Be registered with Selective Service (if a male between the ages of 18-25)
- Have Honolulu Community College as your home campus
- Be a classified student in an eligible associate or certificate degree program.
- To check if a program is eligible, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy [PDF]
- Not be in default on a Federal educational loan or owe a refund on a Federal grant
- Submit all required documents needed to process your financial aid application