Financial Aid Award & Policies

Financial Aid Awards

Once your application has been reviewed and your eligibility has been determined, you will be notified through your UH email account advising you to view your financial aid award via MyUH Portal. Please read the email and financial aid award carefully. A financial aid award is based on the following:

  • Amount of need as determined by FAFSA;
  • Amount eligible for;
  • Availability of federal, state, and private funds; and
  • Full-time enrollment status at our campus (unless noted otherwise).

Award Overview

  • Cost of Attendance - an estimated cost for you to attend Honolulu Community College. This includes tuition, fees, books, and supplies. It may also include meals, housing, personal expenses, and transportation. For details see Cost of Attendance [PDF]
  • Expected Family Contribution (EFC) - This number is used to determine eligibility of federal student aid and is calculated using the information provided on your FAFSA;
  • Outside Resources - the amount of scholarships, stipends, and other financial assistance received.
  • Need - the amount determined by taking your cost of attendance and subtracting your EFC.
  • Financial Aid Awarded - the amount of aid Honolulu CC Financial Aid Office is able to offer.

Financial Aid Policies

In order to receive and maintain your financial aid, you must follow the policies stated below. Failure to follow these policies may result in an adjustment, delay, and/or cancellation of your financial aid.

  • You must comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy [PDF]. Furthermore, the Honolulu CC Financial Aid Office may contact your instructors at any point of the year to verify your class attendance. This is done to ensure that you are fully eligible to receive your financial aid funds.
  • Inform the Honolulu CC Financial Aid Office whenever you:
    • Your enrollment status changes. You can complete a Change of Enrollment Form (View Forms page)
    • If you are taking a class at another campus, please meet with an academic counselor to complete a Concurrent Enrollment Form (View Forms page)
    • Receive outside financial assistance (e.g. scholarships and tuition payments not from Honolulu CC);
    • Completely withdraw from classes or stop attending classes; and
    • Change your name and/or other personal information.