The FAFSA must be completed every year in order to receive financial aid for each school year.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step toward receiving federal aid for college. Go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- You (and your parent if applicable) must have an FSA ID to complete a FAFSA.
- To create an FSA ID, go to https://fsaid.ed.gov
- The FSA ID is used to sign the application electronically. If you are unable to enter your FSA ID, you must print out the signature page and mail it with the required signatures
- Make sure to read the instructions carefully.
- Be sure to add our Federal School Code: 001612.
Your FAFSA information will be sent to Honolulu CC and our office will use it to determine the aid you may be eligible for. All important financial aid information including requests for additional information will be sent via email. Student requirements can also be found on MyUH.
Once all student requirements have been successfully completed, it generally takes about 8-12 weeks to process a student's financial aid application. When your financial aid award has been finalized, an email notification will be sent to your UH email.
Fall Semester - March 1st
Spring Semester - October 1st
You may still apply after these dates, but be prepared to pay for tuition and other needed educational expenses until you are awarded financial aid.
The FAFSA is open available beginning October 1. We encourage students to complete the FAFSA as early as they can to get the most favorable financial aid award.
Federal School Code
The Honolulu Community College Federal School code is 001612.
For questions regarding the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the financial aid application process, you may refer to these resources for help: