The Early Childhood option includes a non-credit program, PACE (Professional and Career Education for Early Childhood). PACE Workshops are geared to meet training and enrichment needs of early childhood practitioners on Oʻahu. The three introductory CDA courses are:
- ECED 105 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- ECED 110 Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- ECED 131 Early Child Development: Theory Into Practice
And three CDA renewal courses:
- ECED 140 Guiding Young Children in Group Settings
- ECED 152 Early Literacy Development
- ECED 170 Introduction to Working with Infants and Toddlers
Each course is offered in a non-credit workshop format of sixteen 3-hour class sessions each. The workshops can be taken in any order. Participants who complete all sixteen workshops in a course with a score of 70% or better are eligible for Community College credit. PACE workshops are offered in various locations on Oʻahu.
Cost of textbooks/supplies: The estimated cost of textbooks and supplies is $500.00.