The iKEA program is committed to providing opportunities that enhance, support, develop healthy academic and life skills.
The iKEA program is committed to providing opportunities that enhance, support, develop healthy academic and life skills. iKEA will allow students to self-identify with the necessary tools that will assist them in making positive academic choices.
The iKEA program values:
- Education: A positive educational experience is important in supporting students who are new, returning, or transferring to Honolulu CC. iKEA , believes that various academic strategies for classroom success is key. Our responsibility is to ensure students are supported with academic subject area tutoring, study skills concepts, and test taking strategies.
- Community: Having a sense of community and belonging supports students college experience as they transition to college life. We will achieve this by integrating and engaging students into the Honolulu CC Campus Community through Peer Mentors and various on and off-campus program activities.
- Partnership: Cross campus collaboration is essential in the persistence of our Honolulu CC students. iKEA will continue to bridge the gap between Academic Support, Student Services, and Instruction through on-going transparent communication, professional, and constructive feedback between divisions.
- Diversity: iKEA recognizes, respects, and supports the diversity and multicultural student population. We will strive to promote a safe learning environment.
- Professionalism: How students are treated and their interactions with faculty, staff and other students at Honolulu CC are very important to us. The iKEA program will influence the manner in which we interact with individuals and groups to implement policies, and create programs.
iKEA Workshop Series
Honolulu Community College’s Student Success Center and its collaborators will be offering an array of study and life skills workshops designed to improve your learning skills and help you achieve your academic goals. All workshops for the Fall semester will be via Zoom.
To access workshops with a Zoom meeting link (hawaii.zoom/us), click on the link on the designated date and time of the workshop.
|The Ins & Outs of Succeeding in College||8/16/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/97788076627|
|The Ins & Outs of Succeeding in College||8/23/2022||2:00pm-3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/97306753005|
|Organizing your Semester||8/31/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/91639686099|
|The One Secret to Success||9/1/2022||11:00am-12:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96325147416|
|Time Management||9/1/2022||1:00pm- 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94097299183|
|How to Use Tutor.com & HCC Tutoring Services||9/6/2022||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95670773827|
|Sallie Mae: Scholarships-Finding Free Money for College||9/7/2022||3:00pm-4:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93784766483|
|Manaʻo Monday: Shopping and ordering food in ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi||9/12/2022||1:00pm-2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95002538348|
|Graduation and Transfer Check||9/14/2022||11:30am-12:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96695339984|
|Stress Less & Self Care More!||9/14/2022||1:00pm-2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98168851615|
|Reality Check: Are You In The Right Major?||9/19/2022||2:00pm -3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93011871016|
|Discover your Mindset||9/27/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/91533951941|
|Raise your GPA||9/27/2022||1:00pm-2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95424955433|
|How to Ace Your Next Test||9/28/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94635053358|
|FAFSA Preparation Workshop (2023-2024)||9/28/2022||2:00pm-3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/91591656340|
|Sallie Mae: Understanding Credit||9/29/2022||1:00pm-2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93851620108|
|Impress Your Class with a Google Slides Presentation||10/4/2022||12:00pm-1:00 pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95730827914|
|Manaʻo Monday: Hawaiian Creatures: Understanding “Animal” through ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi||10/10/2022||1:00pm-2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95602773573|
|STAR Registration. This is the Way.||10/11/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92970436676|
|Raise your GPA||10/12/2022||11:30am-12:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94168089527|
|How to Communicate Effectively: Ways on How to “Ask”, “Speak” and “Composing” an Email||10/12/2022||2:00pm-3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99110232685|
|Take Action to Meet Your Goals||10/18/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94619683701|
|Sallie Mae: Banking 101||10/19/2022||11:00am-12:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96889314238|
|How to Apply for Native Hawaiian Scholarships||10/19/2022||12:00pm -1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96748020553|
|How to Ace Your Next Test||10/25/2022||2:00pm-3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92880919069|
|Job Search: Are You Really Ready?||10/27/2022||3:00pm – 4:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99468954767|
|“What Is Your Primary Love Language?”||11/2/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99109054057|
|STAR Registration. This is the Way.||11/9/2022||2:00pm-3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99475071098|
|Sallie Mae: Identify Theft and How to Avoid it||11/10/2022||12:00pm-1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98074642537|
|How to Write a Personal Statement for Scholarships||11/15/2022||12:30pm-1:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92937948596|
|Lokahi Health & Wellness Tips||11/15/2022||11:30am-12:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93420377442|
|Sallie Mae: Scholarships-Finding Free Money for College||11/30/2022||11:00am-12:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98085268461|
Workshops on Demand
Access these workshops anytime at the URLs below.
|Study Hacks||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/V_9PUPZNXkg|
|How to Apply for Native Hawaiian Scholarships||Available on Demand||TBA|