The iKEA program is committed to providing opportunities that enhance, support, develop healthy academic and life skills.
The iKEA program is committed to providing opportunities that enhance, support, develop healthy academic and life skills. iKEA will allow students to self-identify with the necessary tools that will assist them in making positive academic choices.
The iKEA program values:
- Education: A positive educational experience is important in supporting students who are new, returning, or transferring to Honolulu CC. iKEA , believes that various academic strategies for classroom success is key. Our responsibility is to ensure students are supported with academic subject area tutoring, study skills concepts, and test taking strategies.
- Community: Having a sense of community and belonging supports students college experience as they transition to college life. We will achieve this by integrating and engaging students into the Honolulu CC Campus Community through Peer Mentors and various on and off-campus program activities.
- Partnership: Cross campus collaboration is essential in the persistence of our Honolulu CC students. iKEA will continue to bridge the gap between Academic Support, Student Services, and Instruction through on-going transparent communication, professional, and constructive feedback between divisions.
- Diversity: iKEA recognizes, respects, and supports the diversity and multicultural student population. We will strive to promote a safe learning environment.
- Professionalism: How students are treated and their interactions with faculty, staff and other students at Honolulu CC are very important to us. The iKEA program will influence the manner in which we interact with individuals and groups to implement policies, and create programs.
iKEA Workshop Series
Honolulu Community College’s Student Success Center and its collaborators will be offering an array of study and life skills workshops designed to improve your learning skills and help you achieve your academic goals.
Workshops Via Zoom
|The Ins & Outs of Succeeding in College||1/10/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98543147036|
|How to Use Laulima||1/10/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98799494758|
|HCC Students: Microsoft Office 365 (FREE Download)||1/11/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94037512388|
|The Ins & Outs of Succeeding in College||1/11/2023||2:00pm – 3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92167122560|
|Sallie Mae: Scholarships-Finding Free Money for College||1/12/2023||11:00am – 12:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95544563027|
|How to Use Tutor.com & HCC Tutoring Services||1/12/2023||1:30pm – 2:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94647780127|
|Organizing your Semester||1/17/2022||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/97465181703|
|The One Secret to Success||1/18/2023||11:00am – 12:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92357882739|
|The One Secret to Success||1/19/2023||2:00pm – 3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93709746108|
|Time Management||1/24/2023||10:00am – 11:00am||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94773364126|
|Raise your GPA||1/24/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92494509805|
|Learning Styles & Study Strategies||2/2/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92684895198|
|Graduation and Transfer Check||2/8/2023||11:30am – 12:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98109095973|
|What is your Primary Love Language?||2/9/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99109054057|
|How to Apply for Native Hawaiian Scholarships||2/13/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94047568832|
|Discover your Mindset||2/14/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95918984745|
|Sallie Mae: Identify Theft and How to Avoid it||2/15/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99029291309|
|Rekindle Your Light Through Gratitude||2/16/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/98066610649|
|Job Search: Are You Really Ready?||2/21/2023||2:00pm – 3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/99236178269|
|Raise your GPA||2/22/2023||1:00pm – 2:00 pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/94955446101|
|Walaʻau Wednesday: Pehea ʻoe? Answering “How are you?”||2/22/2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/91863240393|
|Lokahi Health & Wellness Tips||2/28/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/95328564135|
|How to Communicate Effectively: Ways on How to “Ask”, “Speak” and “Composing” an Email||3/8/2023||2:00pm – 3:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93102127872|
|Sallie Mae: Banking 101||3/21/2023||10:00am – 11:00am||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96814038479|
|Impress Your Class with a Google Slides Presentation||3/22/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/97209859968|
|STAR Registration. This is the Way.||3/29/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96260432515|
|Sallie Mae: Understanding Credit||4/5/2023||12:00pm – 1:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/96081926325|
|Walaʻau Wednesday: Using ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi at Work||4/12/2023||12:30pm – 1:30pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/91029333565|
|Manage Your Money||4/21/2023||10:00am – 11:00am||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/92971075485|
|Sallie Mae: Smart Money Management||4/26/2023||1:00pm – 2:00pm||https://hawaii.zoom.us/j/93975273865|
Workshops In Person
|UH Common Scholarship||2/1/2023||1:30pm – 3:00pm||TRIO-SSS Office (building 7, room 309)|
|Completing your FAFSA||2/8/2023||1:30pm – 3:00pm||TRIO-SSS Office (building 7, room 309)|
|“Let’s Get Knots” Understanding Basic Knots||2/28/2023||10:00am – 11:00am||Hawaiian Center (building 5, room 203)|
|Biohacks for Good Sleep and Changing Habits||3/7/2023||10:00am – 11:00am||Hale Kawelohea (HonCC Courtyard)|
Workshops on Demand
Access these workshops anytime at the URLs below.
|How to Ace Your Next Test||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/5rimCFnpHIE|
|CARE’s Tips to Creating a SMART Goal||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/vcMQNunv58c|
|Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone: Growth Mindset||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/5V86ckTsHhc|
|How to Stay On Track in your Online Classes||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/PwfQcibIaeY|
|How to Prepare for a New Semester||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/f_rSQef2pz0|
|How to Get Things Done & Be Productive||Available on Demand||https://youtu.be/PbcXngJdJcQ|