Veterans Information

Photo of students

Veteran's Resource Center

Military Friendly logo

The Veteran's Resource Center (VRC) focuses on providing an excellent atmosphere and network for the success of student veterans. Current service members, dependents, and spouses are welcome, as well. VRC staff members work to help explain the various rights and benefits that prior service members have earned for themselves and their families.

Students can utilize the VRC's Lending Library system to access books needed for class studies and homework. Desktop and laptop computers are also available for the general use of students, from working on schoolwork and research to checking emails and other VA resources. Students can also come in and relax between classes or talk with VRC staff and other students.

Information guidebooks and brochures on veteran-oriented services, from education to medical care, can be found at the VRC. The VRC also works with the Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program, which can help student veterans with enrolling in VA healthcare, memory issues, student veteran advocacy, PTSD, and more. The VRC is located in Building 5 Room 140 (across from the Academic Counseling and Financial Aid Offices) and it is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. For scheduling to see a VITAL counselor, contact Scot Parry at (808-845-9172) or

**Attention All VA Students**

It is highly suggested that all VA students make an appointment to see their counselor each semester after registration to certify their classes if they want their money.

Contact Information

Honolulu Community College:
Scot Parry, VA Counselor, (808) 845-9172,

Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
P.O. Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
Ph: 1-888-442-4551 (toll free)
(to by-pass recording, press 1, then press 2, then press 0)

Department of Veterans Affairs – Honolulu
Medical & Regional office
Attn: Veterans Services Division (271)
459 Patterson Road
Honolulu, HI 96819-1522
Ph: 1-800-827-1000 (toll free)


Applying For Benefits

Students wishing to apply to the Veteran’s Administration (VA) for money to attend school must first determine which category or chapter they fall under and then they can follow the appropriate checklist. Information regarding which category or chapter a VA student falls under may be obtained from the Veterans Affairs Regional Office.

Also, there is additional funding for service members and their spouses offered through their individual units and by the Department of Defense.

Commonly Used VA Forms

View VA Forms Repository for additional forms.

Related Links

eBenefits logo - Important activities can be done at this site such as:

  • Obtaining a VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility
  • Applying for disability compensation
  • Obtaining access to your DD-214

To request official military transcripts, please visit the following websites:

Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard transcripts can all be requested through Joint Services Transcripts (JST)

Air Force or Community College of the Air Force or Air University Transcripts
(Officers may have to contact the Office of the Academic Dean at the University at 334-953-4543).

Paper or electronic copies of coursework submitted by institutions or persons other than the Military organization will not be accepted - This is the Department of Veterans Affairs website where you can learn about VA benefits you may be eligible for such as:

  • Home loans
  • Insurance
  • Medical benefits
  • Educational benefits
  • Burial benefits