Honolulu Community College (HonCC) is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Honolulu Community College (HonCC) is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 331 J Street Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814, (415) 506-0234, firstname.lastname@example.org. The ACCJC is an institutional accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a process to enhance student success by improving academic quality and institutional effectiveness. Through accreditation, an institution of higher education regularly evaluates its policies and procedures to refine its programs and services. Honolulu Community College reviews the college’s practices against the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior College’s (ACCJC) four standards. The evaluation ensures the public knows our college has defined objectives, expected achievements, and student support appropriate to higher education.
Accreditation Reaffirmation Documents
- 2023 ACCJC Letter on Review of Honolulu CC Midterm Report (PDF)
- 2019 ACCJC Letter Reaffirming Honolulu CC Accredited Status (PDF)
ACCJC Complaint Process
Complaints Against Member Institutions
Students and members of the public who desire to file a formal complaint to the Commission about one of its member institutions should become familiar with the requirements for doing so prior to contacting the Commission.
Complaints Against The Commission
Individuals who wish to file a formal complaint to the Commission about the ACCJC should become familiar with the requirements for doing so prior to contacting the Commission.
Public Notice of ACCJC Accreditation Visit
To continually ensure that our educational programs are effective, of the highest quality, and meet the established standards, ACCJC will conduct an on-site accreditation visit on October 15-18, 2018. (HonCC’s Institutional Self-Evaluation Report can be viewed under Reports on this accreditation webpage.) You are welcome to provide comment related to Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies for the ACCJC to review. The comments must be received no later than five weeks before the evaluation team visit.
Third Party Comments
Individuals who wish to make comments on the institutions that are undergoing review in the current semester and that are being considered by the Commission at its next meeting, should use the Third Party Comments Form and be sure to include their name, address, phone number, and email address.
All documents are in PDF format. Download Adobe Reader to view documents.
- 2022 Honolulu CC Midterm Report to ACCJC (PDF)
- 2018 Addendum for University of Hawaii Community Colleges Institutional Self-Evaluation Reports (Standards IV.C And IV.D) (PDF)
- 2018 ACCJC Visiting Team Report (PDF)
- 2018 Honolulu CC Institutional Self Evaluation Report to ACCJC (PDF)
Committees (Login Required to Intranet)
- Accreditation Steering Committee
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Kupu Ka Wai Council
- Planning Council
- Staff Senate Executive Committee
- Accreditation Standards (PDF)
- Eligibility Requirements for Accreditation (PDF)
- Guide to Evaluating and Improving Institutions (PDF)
- Manual for Institutional Self-Evaluation (PDF)
- Checklist for Evaluating Compliance with Federal Regulations (PDF)
- Team Evaluator Manual
- Guide to Evaluating DE and CE
- ALO – Jeff Stearns (email@example.com)