Additional Outreach Information
To promote and support a student centered, student focused learning community at Honolulu Community College.
- Promotes Honolulu Community College’s academic programs through outreach and community services.
- Provides activities to support students’ successful transition to college.
As a result of completing the orientation process, students will be able to:
- Locate, identify, and demonstrate a basic understanding of college and academic policies and procedures.
- Identify campus resources and utilize those that are appropriate to their needs.
- Identify and navigate technological and on-line resources to support their educational goal.
- Identify ways to access and engage in the campus community, opportunities, and activities.
- Identify and select appropriate funding options to meet their educational goals based on their financial need.
- Develop and promote recruitment activities to increase student enrollment.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with high school administrators and counselors.
- Implement a consistent message and branding while promoting and marketing Honolulu Community College’s academic programs.