Welina mai ke aloha! Welcome to Honolulu Community College’s Hulili Ke Kukui Hawaiian Center.
The University of Hawaiʻi and Honolulu Community College recognize the unique role they play in addressing the “societal and educational challenges facing Native Hawaiians as a political entity.” As part of the efforts to make the University of Hawaiʻi one of the world’s foremost indigenous-serving universities by supporting the access and success of Native Hawaiians, Honolulu Community College created Hulili Ke Kukui Hawaiian Center.
Hulili Ke Kukui Hawaiian Center is committed to actively preserve and perpetuate Hawaiian culture and values.
Through an array of comprehensive services, we strengthen the college's educational programs and enable
students of Hawaiian ancestry to succeed in their academic, career and individual endeavors.
Goals & Objectives
PC: Kaeo Kapana
Hulili Ke Kukui fulfills its mission through the following goals and objectives:
- Increase recruitment, retention and graduation of Native Hawaiian students at Honolulu Community College.
- Continue to foster a Hawaiian "Sense of Place" where Native Hawaiians can practice their language and culture.
- To support the integration of Hawaiian language, culture, values and history into curriculum and campus activities.
- Provide faculty development to assist integrating a Hawaiian perspective into curriculum.
- Develop strategic partnerships with selected businesses, industry, and training providers to better respond to workforce development and training requirements.
- Innovate and implement new technologies for student success and retention.
- Provide opportunities for faculty and staff to research and develop successful student retention strategies.
- Provide faculty opportunities to develop new and enhanced courses to meet emerging career and industry needs.
- Improve efforts to recruit and retain faculty, staff and administrators from underrepresented groups, especially Native Hawaiians.
- Institutionalize support for Native Hawaiian Center programs.
Add us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
See our event photos on Flickr