The iKEA program is committed to providing opportunities that enhance, support, develop healthy academic and life skills. iKEA will allow students to self-identify with the necessary tools that will assist them in making positive academic choices.
The iKEA program values:
- Education: A positive educational experience is important in supporting students who are new, returning, or transferring to Honolulu CC. iKEA , believes that various academic strategies for classroom success is key. Our responsibility is to ensure students are supported with academic subject area tutoring, study skills concepts, and test taking strategies.
- Community: Having a sense of community and belonging supports students college experience as they transition to college life. We will achieve this by integrating and engaging students into the Honolulu CC Campus Community through Peer Mentors and various on and off-campus program activities.
- Partnership: Cross campus collaboration is essential in the persistence of our Honolulu CC students. iKEA will continue to bridge the gap between Academic Support, Student Services, and Instruction through on-going transparent communication, professional, and constructive feedback between divisions.
- Diversity: iKEA recognizes, respects, and supports the diversity and multicultural student population. We will strive to promote a safe learning environment.
- Professionalism: How students are treated and their interactions with faculty, staff and other students at Honolulu CC are very important to us. The iKEA program will influence the manner in which we interact with individuals and groups to implement policies, and create programs.
iKEA Workshop Series
Honolulu Community College's Student Success Center, along with its collaborators, will be offering an array of study and life skills workshops that are designed to improve your learning skills and help you achieve your academic goals. All workshops for the Fall 2020 semester will be held online via "Zoom".
- Sign up in required and must register with your hawaii.edu email address.
- Only student who signs up will be emailed the password-protected Zoom meeting link for the workshop.
- The password protected link to the workshop presentation will be sent to your hawaii.edu email address one day before the actual workshop.