Transitioning to Honolulu CC
Are you Ready to Register for Your Classes? We are Here to Help you Succeed.
We have special office hour sessions to help with creating a UH Username, Understanding Placement Testing, and any questions you may have. These sessions are designed to get you ready for your New Student Registration. View PDF flyer
- Wednesday, July 15th at 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 29th at 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 12th at 1:00 PM
New Student Registration (NSR)
In order to register for classes please be sure your students reserve a spot in NSR by contacting the Academic Counseling Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 845-9162 and leave a message. View upcoming NSR dates.
Financial Aid Packages Have Been Awarded
Students can check the status on MyUH.
Health Clearance Forms
Students must submit their health clearances by August 1st.
Modes of Instruction for Fall 2020
Courses for Fall 2020 at Honolulu CC will be delivered in a variety of formats including entirely online (scheduled/synchronous or unscheduled/asynchronous), face-to-face, and hybrid. The semester starts on August 24th and ends December 18th. As the COVID health situation continues to evolve, further modifications to the class schedule may occur.
New Student Welcome
Additional Outreach Information
To promote and support a student centered, student focused learning community at Honolulu Community College.
- Promotes Honolulu Community College's academic programs through outreach and community services.
- Provides activities to support students' successful transition to college.
As a result of completing the orientation process, students will be able to:
- Locate, identify, and demonstrate a basic understanding of college and academic policies and procedures.
- Identify campus resources and utilize those that are appropriate to their needs.
- Identify and navigate technological and on-line resources to support their educational goal.
- Identify ways to access and engage in the campus community, opportunities, and activities.
- Identify and select appropriate funding options to meet their educational goals based on their financial need.
- Develop and promote recruitment activities to increase student enrollment.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with high school administrators and counselors.
- Implement a consistent message and branding while promoting and marketing Honolulu Community College's academic programs.